Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Dominique - Use Me

New York City-based electronic pop artist Dominique continues to showcase her irrefutable talent as singer/songwriter and producer by today unveiling her new single called "Use Me", her second offering of the year following her stunning rendition of Cassie's 2006 R&B classic "Me & U", released back in late May. What appears as a seductive bouncy pop track is actually Dominique's most personal and self-reflecting song to date. Stripped of its glossy appearance, "Use Me" reveals her transition from working solely independently on her own music to opening a new world of her own, developing writing and collaborating with other artists and new projects that has seen her evolve, both as a person and an artist.

Speaking on the inspiration behind the song, Dominique explains:

"'Use Me' is a track about being so hopelessly in love with someone that you'd do anything and everything just to be around them. Although the vibe of the song feels more upbeat and happy, it's one of the saddest songs I've ever written. The song itself feels like a turning point in my artistic direction as most of my life has changed since I put out my EP in December. The music I'm writing and the songs I'm producing sound quite different from my older material and I feel like I'm evolving as an artist. I'm also pursuing different projects in my career, like producing for other artists. 'Use Me' details one of my first experiences doing so."

Listen to "Use Me" below.



"Use Me" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Clash.

https://www.facebook.com/D0MINIQUEMUSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment